Lincolnshire Co-op will award 39 Lincoln community groups and charities funding for refreshments and prizes at their Jubilee celebrations.
The groups applied for the Co-operative’s Jubilee Scheme, which offered a slice of £10,000 funding.
The funding would be used towards community events in Lincolnshire, and each group got a party pack with items like red, white and blue balloons, union jack bunting and posters.
In the whole county, 152 groups and charities applied for funding and Lincoln’s successful applications received £2,345.
A number of Lincolnshire Co-op members from different areas in the county reviewed the applications in order to allot funding.
Community Jubilee events in Lincoln benefitting from funding are: “Big Picnic” by Life Church, Lincoln Freemnans Guild concert and supper, Boultham Women’s Fellowship’s indoor street party, and St Giles Nursery School will host a children’s garden party.
The Co-op’s Assistant Membership and Community Manager Richard Whittaker said: “We were delighted with the response to our Jubilee giveaway.
“Applications came from groups holding a variety of events, from massive 4-day celebrations involving the whole town to smaller parties for people living in a few neighbouring streets.
“Every one of these events, from large to small, will bring the community together to celebrate. It’s sure to be a Jubilee to remember!”
Here are the successful groups and charities in the Lincoln area:
- St John’s Church Jubilee Celebrations
- Life Church Lincoln Birchwood
- Washingborough PC
- Brant Broughton & Stragglethorpe PC
- Skellingthorpe PC
- Boothby Graffoe Parish
- Wellingore Queens Diamond Jubilee Street Party
- Branston & Mere PC
- Potterhanworth C of E Primary School
- Manor Leas Infant School
- Harmston Memorial Hall Jubilee Celebration
- Branston Junior School
- Nocton Festival 2012
- Eagle Village Committee
- South West Lincoln District Guides
- Deffield Close Street Party
- Lincoln Freemans Guild
- Revival Lincolnshire
- Dunston Parish Council Jubilee Celebrations
- Bracebridge Heath Parish Plan
- Woodvale Street Party
- Broomhill/Sorrel Court Residents Association
- Boultham Women’s Fellowship
- Age UK
- Ash Grove Street Party
- Ingham Parish Council
- Nettleham Queen’s Jubilee Street Party Group
- Nettleham Guides
- Scothern Festival Committee
- St Giles Elders United
- St Giles Nursery School
- St Giles Residents Association Mothers Club
- St Hugh’s RC Parish Lincoln
- St Peters in the Pub (Church Group)
- Stonecliff Park Social Club
- Sturton-by-Stow Village Jubilee Party
- Welton & Dunholme Methodist Chapel
- Welton St Marys Primary School
- Welton-by-Lincoln Parish Council