Singer Gary Barlow, who organised the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee concert, was honoured in this year’s list
This year’s Queen’s Birthday Honours includes 20 people from Lincolnshire.
Lincoln was represented by University of Lincoln professor Nigel Allinson, former Cathedral Chief Exec Roy Bentham and David Howard of Lincoln Samaritans.
They join the ranks of Oscar-winning acrtress Kate Winslet and singer Gary Barlow, who have also been honoured in this year’s list.
See the full list of Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2012.
Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
- Dr Timothy Frederick Coles – Project Director, Operation Wallacea Ltd. For services to Environmental Conservation.
- Matthew Lugg – Director, Environment and Transport, Leicestershire County Council. For services to Local Government.
- Paul Strong – Lately Headteacher, William Farr (CofE) Comprehensive School, Welton, Lincolnshire. For services to Education.
Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- Professor Nigel Martin Allinson – Distinguished Professor of Image Engineering, University of Lincoln. For services to Engineering.
- Roy James Bentham – Lately Chapter Clerk and Chief Executive of Lincoln Cathedral. For services to Lincoln Cathedral.
- Brian Rodney Hunter – Special Sergeant, Lincolnshire Police. For services to Policing.
- Digby Richard Lidstone-Scott – Publisher, Pig World Magazine. For services to the Pig Industry.
- Dr Julia Kathy Schofield – Consultant Dermatologist, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust. For services to Dermatology.
- Roy Schofield – For services to community in Caistor, Lincolnshire
- Ian Christopher Shaw – Lately Chairman of Governors, Lincoln College. For services to Further Education
- Doreen White – Social Area Supervisor, Franklin Sixth Form College, Grimsby. For services to Education.
Queen’s Fire Service Medal
- Neil Fritzsche – Area Manager (Response), Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue
Medallist of the Order of the British Empire (BEM)
- Jan Elisabeth Alexander – For services to Public Health Training.
- David William Howard – For services to the Samaritans in Lincoln.
- John Lloyd-Jones – Prison Officer, HM Prison Stocken, Rutland.
- David James Margarson – Higher Executive Officer, Jobcentre Plus. For services to Mental Health in Lincolnshire.
- Nicholas Pitts – For services to the community in Spalding, Lincolnshire.
- Robert Sheppard – For services to Nature Conservation.
- John Francis Howe Smith – Secretary, The Stamford Mercury Archive Trust. For services to Conservation.