A Thorpe-on-the-Hill restaurant was fined and briefly forced to close after failing to meet health and safety standards.
The Railway Inn was found to have stocked meat that was 16 days out of date, left bins overflowing onto the kitchen floor and placed raw food on top of prepared meals.
Several other hazards were also discovered on inspection.
North Kesteven District Council investigated the premises and took action against the owner, Mrs Greenwood.
She was ordered to pay £6,700 in fines and £1,000 in costs when she appeared at Lincoln Magistrates Court.
She had previously taken a formal health and safety course with the council.
“Safe Food, Better Business” was a one-to-one training programme that she completed, before being shut down for six days in April.
Senior member for licensing and enforcement Cllr Richard Wright said that The Railway Inn is a rare case within the county.
He said: “Over half of the District’s registered food premises hold a coveted ‘five-star’ rating on the National Food Hygiene Rating ‘scores on the doors’ scheme and a further quarter hold a ‘four-star’ rating.”