Brayford Pool at 9.30am, July 6
Flood warnings have been put in place around Lincoln and nearby villages.
- A month’s worth of rain is expected to fall in 24 hours
- Persistent and heavy showers expected throughout Friday
- Between 20 and 40mm rain expected
The Environment Agency issued amber alerts for the River Witham, which runs through the city. Local authorities are monitoring the situation and flood preparation advice has been posted for those in affected areas.
- Amber alert for Lincoln watercourses – Witham, Sincil Dyke, Great Gowts Drain near Coulson Avenue, Fossdyke Canal, Boultham Drain, Brayford Pool
- Amber alert for the Fossdyke Canal – Saxilby, Skellingthorpe, Harby, Wigsley and Lincoln
- Amber alert for North Kesteven watercourses – Heighington, Dunston, Blankney Becks, Billinghay Skirth, Scopwick, Digby and Ruskington
- Amber alert for Lower River Witham – Lincoln, Woodhall Spa, Coningsby and Bardney
Amber alert means that flooding is possible and residents should be prepared.
Send in your weather news and pictures to email@example.com or tweet us @thelincolnite.
Live page updates automatically. No need to refresh.