The Environment Agency has issued flood alerts for the Lincoln area due to continued rainfall on Thursday.
Flood alerts mean flooding is possible and people need to be prepared, but no immediate action required, as would the case for flood warnings.
The alerts are for:
- Lincoln Watercourses: Witham, Sincil Dyke, Great Gowts Drain, Fossdyke Canal, Boultham Drain, Brayford Pool
- Lower River Witham: Lower River Witham from Lincoln to Boston. Tributaries may also affect Woodhall Spa, Coningsby, South Kyme, and Bardney
- Witham in North Kesteven: The River Witham and its tributaries from Claypole to Lincoln
- Fossdyke Canal and River Till: Fossdyke canal from Torksey Lock to Lincoln and the River Till. Tributaries may also affect Saxilby, Harby, Wigsley, and Skellingthorpe
- Minor Watercourses in North Kesteven: Heighington, Dunston, Blankney Becks, Billinghay Skirth and River Slea. Tributaries may also affect Dunston, Scopwick, Digby, Ruskington, South Kyme, Sleaford, Ancaster, Wilsford, and Kelby
- Barlings Eau and Duckpool Catchwater: Tributaries may also affect Welton, Dunholme, and Scothern.
The Environment Agency said: “A low pressure system moving over the country has caused heavy and persistent rainfall over the region. This has fallen on saturated ground. River levels have responded, and we expect them to continue to remain high for several days.”
If you spot a potential flood risk, call Floodline on 0845 988 1188.