East Anglian Patriots drop second Lincoln anti-mosque protest plans

The East Anglian Patriots group have scrapped plans for a second anti-mosque protest in Lincoln on August 17.

As previously reported, the group notified of the event plans on its Facebook page, but Lincolnshire Police said on Monday there were no solid plans for the protest.

On Tuesday morning Chief Superintendent Lee Freeman said in a statement: “Having liaised with our officers, the East Anglian Patriots have withdrawn their publicised statement on a possible demonstration in Lincoln on August 17.

“We will now continue a dialogue with the group to establish their intentions.

“Should they decide to go ahead with a peaceful protest in the city, we will negotiate arrangements that recognise their legal right to do so, balanced by the impact such events have on or local communities.”

The event notification on the EAP Facebook page has been removed.

Upon cancellation of the event, the EAP said on Facebook: “Our next demo on August 17 has been cancelled as we need to look at dates and football fixtures so they don’t clash.

“We are in negotiations with the police to find a date so we can march through Lincoln. We will be in Lincoln for a march very soon,” the poster signed NS wrote.

The event poster said: “Once again we are heading back to the city of Lincoln to give our support to locals who have had their voice and opinions silenced by the council to satisfy a hand full of muslims.

“The building of a mosque on the site of Old Boultham Park dairy goes against everything the locals desire or want, and again it’s another case of Islamic appeasement and furthering Islamic encroachment on British society,” the poster continued.

There were no arrests at the June 8 demo.