This year’s North Kesteven Community Champion Awards are back, and are looking for special people within their communities to win prizes.
The fourth annual awards by North Kesteven District Council in association with The Lincolnite, Lincs FM and the Sleaford Target looks for people who work tirelessly and voluntarily in the district for their communities.
Their efforts will be celebrated at a ceremony at The Venue in Navenby, on September 11, 2014.
However, NKDC need residents to nominate people they think are worthy of the accolades.
For example, nominees can be someone who looks after an elderly or disadvantaged person for no reward, a dedicated charity fundraiser, someone who inspires others and encourages involvement in the arts or sports, goes beyond the call of duty, or even a business which gives something back to the community.
The awards up for grabs are:
- Young Achievers Award: A young person aged 19 or under who has shown amazing bravery or excelled in any way, perhaps under adversity or through leadership.
- Community Business of the Year: A company or sole-trader whose business initiatives have made a difference to their local communities.
- Community Spirit: Personal service to the community through hard work, dedication and commitment.
- Contribution to a better environment: A group, school, club, business or individual whose actions have a positive impact on the environment, locally, in a broader way or globally.
- Contribution to the Arts & Culture: Any group, school, club, business or individual whose actions have a positive impact on the cultural richness of the District.
- Contribution to Sport: A group, school, club, business or individual whose actions have a positive impact on sports and physical activity locally.
The closing date for nominations is 5pm on August 11, and entries will then be shortlisted by a panel of judges made up of sponsors, Youth Council members, NKDC officers and the Council’s Chairman.
See the video of last year’s winner of the award for Contribution to Sustainable Transport:
Chairman of North Kesteven District Council, Councillor Lance Pennell, said: “Now in their 4th successful year, the NK Community Champion Awards are a fantastic opportunity for local people to say thank you to a special person in their community.
“After an unprecedented number of nominations for last year’s awards from all over the district, this year’s promises to be bigger and better than ever before.
“Whether someone is aged eight or 88, this is their chance to be recognised for their outstanding efforts.”
Nominees must live or undertake their community work in the district.
All nominations can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.