The 130th Lincolnshire Show kicks off on Wednesday, June 18, with 200 acres worth of agricultural highlights, entertainment for all the family, shopping and many other memorable attractions.
In addition, visitors can enjoy local performances from community groups, including the Kesteven Morris Dancers, choirs and cheerleaders, the highly anticipated food court and prized animal displays.
To help you make the most of this year’s Lincolnshire Show, we are giving you a comprehensive guide to the highlights and reporting on June 18 and 19.
You can purchase your tickets online for the first time via the e-ticketing system. All tickets are valid for either the 18th or 19th June.
(a booking fee may apply)
- Adult £18
- Child £6
- Young Person £16
- Family Ticket £38
On the gate:
- Adult £22
- Child £7
- Young Person N/A
- Family Ticket £47
- The inspiring Discovery Zone with workshops, comedy theatre and fun-filled entertainment provided by Lincoln Inspired.
- Over 60 artisan food producers from across the county will be offering a delicious mix of produce, as well as running demonstrations by celebrity chefs.
- The Lincolnshire Show’s Schools’ Challenge is set to continue in the exhibition hall for the eighth year. This year’s Schools’ Challenge opened at the beginning of the year, inviting pupils from local primary, secondary and special schools to submit work based around a chosen challenge.
- An award-winning Twitter responsive garden by the University of Lincoln will spring into action at the show. The garden won a gold award at the 2013 Chelsea Flower Show and will reveal itself more when people tweet using the hashtag #LincsShow.
- Dr D’s Science Days will be educating children at the show using fun science-based workshops and hands on demonstrations to explain how our bodies use nutrients in food.
- The show will be visited by sports personalities including Lincoln’s four-times Paralympic medalist Jade Etherington.
- The Duckworth Isuzu Countryside area has firm favourites like the Lincolnshire Police Dogs, Cuerdon Falconry and the sheep show.
- Crowds will amaze at the Chainsaw Sculpture – seeing how a block of timber can be transformed into an amazing sculpture.
- The Visit Lincoln Tour Bus will be available for exclusive Lincolnshire Show tours on both days.
The Lincolnite went on a first look preview tour as the Lincolnshire Showground made its final preparations. You can see the gallery here.