Starting from Monday, July 7, Lincolnshire County Council will carry out just over two weeks of overnight roadworks on sections of the A17, A57 and A15 around Lincoln.
The work will take place between 8pm and 6am and, subject to weather conditions, will be completed by Tuesday July 22.
Temporary road closures will be in place on all sites except at the works on the A57, which will be open to traffic under a convoy system. Local diversions will be signposted.
The Network and Development Manager at Lincolnshire County Council, Shaun Butcher, said: “We’ve carefully planned this scheme to minimise disruption, and we’ll be working on a number of sites simultaneously to get everything completed as quickly as possible.
“The roads are in good condition but by surface dressing them now we can extend their life by several years. Surface dressing provides the road with a waterproof, high friction surface, which prevents potholes from forming.
“We’ve already put advance warning signs up to alert people to the work, and local diversions will be in place throughout.”
The current schedule for the project is as follows:
- A15 (South of Caenby Corner): Closed from Ingham Lane to Caenby Corner roundabout, between July 13 and July 15, as well as July 20
- A15 (North of Caenby Corner): Closed between Caenby Corner roundabout and B1205 junction between July 16 and July 18, as well as July 22
- A17 (Cranwell Flights): Closed from B1429 junction to A15 Holdingham roundabout between July 7 and July 10, and again between July 15 and July 16
- A17 (Fosdyke): Closed from Sutterton roundabout to A151 junction between July 9 and July 13, and again between July 17 and July 18
- A17 (East Heckington) and A17 (Asgarby): Closed from A15 Holdingham roundabout to A52 Bicker Bar roundabout between July 11 and July 14, and again on July 19
- A57 (Burton/ Saxilby/ Broadholme): Work will be completed under convoy system. It will take place in three sections from the A46 roundabout to Broadholme, between July 14 to 17