A number of streets in uphill Lincoln will be temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place on Sunday, November 9 for this year’s Remembrance Sunday.
In Lincoln, a Remembrance Parade on the Sunday will mean Castle Hill, Bailgate, Eastgate, Priory Gate and Minster Yard will be closed to traffic from 8.45am until 1pm.
There will also be a ‘no waiting at any time’ restriction in place on Minster Yard.
A number of diversion routes and access arrangements will be in place and signposted.
A Remembrance service will take place in Lincoln Cathedral from 10.40am including the civic procession, which members of the public are permitted to attend.
This is then followed by a parade in uphill Lincoln.
Councillor Richard Davies, Executive Councillor for Highways and Transportation, said: “As with previous years Lincolnshire County Council has worked closely with organisers and the police to enable that the parades go ahead smoothly whilst minimising disruption to general highway users.”
Other road closures around Lincolnshire for Remembrance Parades are:
- Blyton: Kirton Road (North of war memorial) will be closed from 10am – 11.30am.
- Boston: Wide Bargate (north and south sides) and Bank Street will be closed as and when required during the day.
- Bourne: North Street, West Street, South Street and Abbey Road will be closed from 10am – 11.30am.
- Caistor: Market Place, Buttermarket, South Street and Mill Lane will be closed from 10.45am – 11.30am.
- Coningsby: The A153 (between Wharfe Lane and High Street) will be closed from 10am – 12.30am. There will also be a suspension of the weight limit order on Hunters Lane during the road closure.
- Gainsborough: Fawcett Street, Gladstone Street, Parnell Street will be closed from 10.40am – 11.15am.
- Grantham: Wharf Road, St Peters Hill, High Street, Vine Street and Swine Gate will be closed.
- Heckington: High Street and Church Street will be closed from 10.45am – 11.15am.
- Holbeach: Fleet Street, High Street and Church Street will be closed from 2pm – 4.30pm.
- Horncastle: A153 South Street/ Boston Road (Stanhope Hall to A158), A153 Bull Ring/ North Street/ Louth Road (A158 to War Memorial), High Street and Church Street will be closed from 9.15am – 11.30pm.
- Kirton: Station Road, High Street and Willington Road will be closed from 10.30am – 12.30pm.
- Louth: Upgate, Mercer Row, Market Place, Eastgate, Northgate, Ramsgate will be closed from 10.30am – 1pm.
- Pinchbeck: Bear Lane, Knight Street and Church Street will be closed from 10am – 2pm.
- Ruskington: B1188 Sleaford Road, Rectory Road, Church Street and Chapel Street will be closed from 10.30am – 11.30am.
- Skegness: Tower Esplanade, Grand Parade and Scarborough Avenue will be closed from 10am – 12pm.
- Sleaford: Southgate, Eastgate, Station Road and Market Square will be closed from 10am – 12pm.
- Spalding: Hall Place, Market Place, Broad Street, Bridge Street, Double Street, Church Street and Church Gate will be closed from 10am – 12.30pm.
- Stamford: Road closures and no waiting at any time will be in force on Red Lion Street, Crown Street, Broad Street and Star Lane from 7am – 1pm.
- Washingborough: High Street will be closed from 10.30am – 11.30pm.
- Woodhall Spa: Station Road and Broadway will be closed from 10.30am — 11.15am.