Lincoln Cathedral is the most popular visitor attraction in the city, according to mentions on Twitter.
The cathedral topped the list of Lincoln tourist hotspots mentioned on the social media site over the last 12 months.
The Engine Shed, Lincoln’s largest live music venue, was the second most talked about attraction with the Lincoln Drill Hall, rounding off the top three.
The top 10 attractions in Lincoln that are creating the most social buzz on Twitter are:
- Lincoln Cathedral –[email protected]
- The Engine Shed –[email protected]
- Lincoln Drill Hall –[email protected]
- Doddington Hall –[email protected]
- Lincolnshire Showground –[email protected]
- Lincoln Performing Arts Centre –[email protected]_Lincoln
- The Collection –[email protected]
- Lincoln Castle –[email protected]
- National Centre for Craft and Design –[email protected]
- Rand Farm Park –[email protected]
Emma Tatlow, Visit Lincoln Partnership Manager, said: “Social media is a really important and valuable way of sharing information about Lincoln to potential visitors and those who are already in the area looking for things to do.
“We need to demonstrate to visitors how much there is to see and do – so it is great that there are so many active businesses in the area using Twitter – and of course at Visit Lincoln we use it as one of our key communication channels.
“Working with businesses, Visit Lincoln aims to raise awareness of the city to potential visitors and we must ensure we are using Twitter to help us to do just that.”