A programme of overnight resurfacing works on roads in and around Lincoln will be ongoing between July and September.
Some five sites on the A52, A15 and A57, have been selected for works to provide longer lasting, more durable surfaces.
Work will take place overnight at all sites between 8pm and 6am, (except at Leadenham which is between 7pm and 7am), and all but one site are planned for the school holidays, while the roads are traditionally quieter.
Lincolnshire Council Council said the contractor will be required to keep noise to a minimum after 11pm.
The sites are as follows:
- A17 Leadenham – July 21 to 26: The A17 will be closed between 7pm and 7am between Newark Road and Pottergate Road. A diversion will be in place via the A46 and A15.
- A52 Dembleby – July 29 to August 7: The A52 will be closed from 8pm to 6am between Haceby Road and Willoughby Road. A signed diversion will be via B6403, A153, A15.
- A15 Aswarby – August 10 to 24: The A15 will be closed between the hours 8pm to 6am, between Aunsby Road and Water Treatment Works. (Access to Tally Ho! Pub to be maintained). A diversion will be in place via A52, B6403, A153.
- A57 Bishop Bridge, near Lincoln – August 25 to September 4: The A57 will be closed between Carholme Roundabout and Bishop Bridge (Access to Pyewipe Pub to be maintained from the Burton Waters roundabout). The closure will start at 8pm and will reopen again at 6am. The diversion will be via A46, A15, A1500, A156.
- A57 Saxilby, Mill Lane Junction – September 14 to September 21: The A57 will be closed between Saxilby Road and 200m east of the Mill Lane junction with a diversion via A46, A15, A1500, A156.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time for their journeys and drive with extra care and reduced speed over the newly treated surfaces until all road markings have been replaced.
Signs will go up two weeks ahead at each site to advise drivers of forthcoming works.
The council is noting however that work may be subject to change due to weather conditions.