Eight foot long boa constrictor rescued from gas fire in Lincolnshire home

Gainsborough Fire and Rescue were called out on Tuesday, June 28 to rescue an eight foot long snake which was stuck in a gas fire.

The boa constrictor, which was a pet at the home on Wall Street, Gainsborough had slithered into the gas fire and had become stuck.

The 8ft long snake had become trapped in parts of the fire. Photo: Gainsborough Fire and Rescue

The 8ft long snake had become trapped in parts of the fire. Photo: Gainsborough Fire and Rescue

Firefighters were aware of the trapped animal when called, but did not anticipate the snake to be trapped within the fire system itself.

Dave Brierley, Crew Manager for Gainsborough Fire and Rescue told The Lincolnite: “We were alerted to an animal rescue this morning.

Photo: Gainsborough Fire and Rescue

Photo: Gainsborough Fire and Rescue

“We knew there was a boa constrictor trapped in the fire and thought we would have to coax it out from behind the fire.

“The snake had actually crawled into the fire system and was stuck in parts of the fire. To free the animal we had to take the fire to bits.

“It was a shock to see a snake like that, it was a little bit intimidating and we had to work out if it was poisonous before handling it.”

Photo: Gainsborough Fire and Rescue

Photo: Gainsborough Fire and Rescue