Caravans have remained at the Hartsholme Country Park car park in Lincoln, despite promising to vacate.
As reported previously, four caravans pitched up illegally on the site overnight on Tuesday, August 2.
The car park was closed to members of the public the following morning so that no more could join them.
It was reopened again after City of Lincoln Council officers were told they’d be moving on by the end of the day.
Some 24 hours later, three out of the four caravans remained pitched on the site.
Council officers are carrying out a site check today and have been told by the owners of the caravans that they would be moving on before the end of the day (August 4).
Should they fail to do do, they will be issued with a notice to vacate.
The travellers accessed the park despite the installation of barriers at the entrance in March, which were put in place to deter anti-social behaviour and increase security.
A city council spokesperson said there were not aware of any damage to the barriers.