Firefighters scrambled to second blaze at Lincoln home

Firefighters have been called out to a blaze at a residential property in Lincoln, the second major fire in the city tonight.


Update: The fire was extinguished at around 4am. Severe damage was cause to the living room and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue confirmed the cause was accidental and no one had been injured in the blaze.


Around five crews were called to Avondale Street off Monks Road at around 10.48pm.

Eyewitnesses said plumes of smoke were seen escaping from the windows and chimney of the property and five fire trucks were on scene.

It is not known if anyone has been injured.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue is also dealing with a fire which has destroyed the St Gile Youth Centre in Lincoln.

By 11.30pm the building had collapsed and surrounding trees had begun to catch alight. Photo: Zoe Clarke

By 11.30pm the building had collapsed and surrounding trees had begun to catch alight. Photo: Zoe Clarke

More details to follow.


Are you in the area? Contact our news team on news@thelincolnite.co.uk.