Lincoln Magistrates’ Court evacuated after bomb scare

Lincoln Magistrates’ Court has been evacuated due to a bomb scare on the morning of Tuesday, July 4, police confirmed.

A section of Lincoln High Street outside the court has been closed off at the time of writing.

The building was evacuated at around 9.30am and the area surrounding the court was cordoned off.

Court staff and visitors congregated across the road from the court as Lincolnshire Police officers arrived at the scene.

Photo: Guy Owen for The Lincolnite

A Lincolnite reporter at the scene said people have been told they will not be able to re-enter the building again until at least 11am.

Photo: Guy Owen for The Lincolnite

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue officers arrived at around 10.10am.

Lincolnshire Police told The Lincolnite they had received reports of a bomb scare soon after the court opened. On attendance they said they had carried out checks of the building.

Photo: Guy Owen for The Lincolnite

A spokesperson told reporters that no concerns had been raised.

The road was reopened again at around 10.20am.

Photo: Guy Owen for The Lincolnite

Police tweeted just after 11am that nothing had been found in the building after searches.

An MOJ spokesperson said: “Police were called to Lincoln Magistrates and County Courts on Tuesday, July 4 for security reasons.

“The issue was swiftly resolved and court proceedings are now running as usual”.