Industry Business Development, Sport & Leisure
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Access Lincoln Project Coordinator
Job Title: Access Lincoln Project Coordinator – new post
Reporting to: Events and Promotion Manager
Main Purpose of Role: To undertake the operational project management and coordination of the Access Lincoln Community Engagement project.
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
Location: BIG Access Point at the Lincoln BIG offices
Duration: This is a permanent position, although funding is expected to last for 2.5 years
Main Purpose of Job
To undertake the day to day management and co-ordination of the Access Lincoln Community Engagement project, acting as the central point of contact for partners and stakeholders across the Lincoln Travel to Work area, engaging businesses, commuters, residents and visitors in sustainable transport activities with the aim of stimulating a modal shift in transport choices and increasing levels of active travel in the Lincoln area.
The Access Coordinator will be the main point of contact for the Access Lincoln project, with responsibility for engaging community groups and businesses in the project. They will develop and implement the activities programme, working with partners and stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of the project and increasing active travel in the project area. They will be the first point of contact for the client – Lincolnshire County Council, particularly in terms of reporting progress and the achievement of targets.
The Access Coordinator will need to demonstrate a passion and interest in active travel particularly in term of increasing walking and cycling and activities to increase levels of physical activity. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual who is able to plan and implement their own workload and successfully engage people and businesses in area-wide activities.
The key audiences that the Access Coordinator will be required to engage with are:
- Employers, employees and commuters with the Lincoln travel to work area
- Students at our two universities and FE college
- Job seekers / Job Centre Plus / Training Providers
- Visitors and tourists
- Community groups, voluntary organisations and parish councils
Roles and Responsibilities
The Access Coordinator will be expected to undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Draw on findings of a mapping exercise to develop effective strategies for promoting participation in the project amongst different audience groups.
- Develop the project database (NAIMS) and communication network, updating with new contacts and project information as required.
- Oversee the Lincoln BIG Access Point, ensuring that it is accessible, welcoming and is stocked with relevant printed information on the project and promotes national and local access initiatives.
- Promote the take-up of personalised Travel Plans through visits to businesses, pop-up travel surgeries, visitors to the BIG Access Point and through Lincoln BIG’s other online communication channels.
- Work with transport providers to extend and promote Bus Deals to commuters in the wider Lincoln travel to work area and encourage people to travel to and from work by bus.
- Work with the Lincoln BIG events team to organise and plan a programme of interactive pop-up travel surgeries focusing on sustainable travel and healthy lifestyles.
- Organise and promote a programme of led walks and cycle rides which build on Lincoln BIG and partner’s existing walks and cycle trails and tours that draw on local themes, such as the RAF centenary in 2018.
- Work with Job Centre Plus and local training providers to support jobseekers and apprentices with a range of travel options to remove barriers to employment.
- Engage with businesses, individuals and technology platforms to promote engagement in the project activities and challenges such as online cycle and walking challenges.
- Undertake on-site visits and talks to businesses to promote the project together with targeted encouragement talks and workshops to encourage participation from under-represented groups.
- Work with Lincoln Visitor Information Centre and Visit Lincoln to promote and engage visitors to the city both online through the Visit Lincoln website and through printed materials at key locations across the project area.
- Work with the Lincoln BIG project consultant to develop a range of quantitative and qualitative monitoring tools to measure the impact of the project.
- Establish and manage the BIG Access Network Steering Group, ensuring representation from a cross section of individuals, groups and stakeholders, including arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Work with community groups and the organisers of existing events across the target area to engage new audiences with the project.
Promotion and publicity
- Work with the appointed marketing consultant to develop a communication plan for the project.
- Work with the appointed marketing consultant to adapt Lincoln BIG’s IT platforms to host the Access Lincoln content, including the events programme.
- Work with Lincoln BIG’s Digital Marketing Coordinator to generate new content for the Access Lincoln IT platforms, including social media.
- Work with the Lincoln BIG Business Support officer to plan and deliver a programme of business engagement, promoting employee take-up of travel plans and targeted encouragement talks and workshops.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working in a business engagement role at a similar level.
- Project management including setting project plans, budgets and schedules
- Understanding and operational application of key performance indicators
- Management of staff
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with community groups, partners and stakeholders
- Understanding of active travel initiatives and their role in stimulating a modal shift
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative monitoring methods and data collection
- Experience of communicating with different audiences, using different tools across a range of platforms.
- Entrepreneurial drive, passion and ability to help promote active travel in the Lincoln area
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals at all levels (internal and
- external) to promote Access Lincoln
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
- Confident and have a persuasiveness for ‘selling’ the project
- Able to produce and give presentations.
- The ability to analyse and solve problems
- Set clear priorities between competing demands for resources and manage own tasks
- and priorities effectively and with minimal supervision
- Ability to delegate effectively and manage the performance of others
- Broad based IT skills, including social media tools
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, determined, organised, with a flexible hands on approach to work and be able to communicate and represent the project at all levels in a structured, dynamic and professional way
- High levels of initiative but with the ability to work as part of a team
- A can-do attitude to work, concentrating on solutions rather than focussing on difficulties
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week
- Annual leave 20 days per annum
- Post to be located at the Lincoln BIG offices, St Swithin’s Square, Lincoln, LN2 1HA
- Some weekend and out of hours’ work may be necessary.
- The post holder may be required to undertake such other duties and training as may be reasonably required by the organisation.
Please send your CV of no more than 2 pages and a covering letter of no more than two pages highlighting how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification via the apply button below or in the post to –
Lincoln BIG. 3-5 St Swithins Square, Lincoln, Lincoln, LN2 1HA
Closing date: 12 Noon 24th November 2017
Provisional Interview date – 8th December 2017
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Matt Corrigan at Lincoln BIG on 01522 545233
In your email or covering letter please indicate your current salary and your likely notice period from your current post.
Please note that references will be taken before appointment.