Employer The Bishop of Lincoln's Office
Contract Full Time
Job Type Fixed Term
The postholder will support the Bishop of Lincoln’s chaplain by:
- Sorting, logging and distributing the bishops’ mail.
- Assisting the bishop’s chaplain in the administration of documentation for authorised ministers (e.g. preparing permissions to officiate, licences, keeping confidential clergy personnel files up-to-date).
- Monitoring and ordering stationery and tea/coffee supplies
- Monitoring and ordering altar supplies for St. Hugh’s Chapel.
- Checking invoices and making payments by cheque or BACS.
- Keeping accurate records and audit trail of payments.
- Welcoming visitors and guests to the bishops’ offices and providing refreshments.
- Organising catering when required for bishops’ meetings by liaising with the staff of the Old Palace.
- Ensuring supplies of tea/coffee, etc. are kept stocked and available at all times.
The bishops’ office is a demanding working environment providing professional administrative support to three busy public figures. Whilst each member of the bishop’s office has their own particular role to play, there is much which can only be successfully accomplished by the sort of good teamwork and collaboration common to such a working environment. Consequently, the postholder will assist in this by:
- Responding to the wide range of internal and external telephone and in person enquiries with confidence and processing these through to their resolution.
- Contributing to the maintenance of comprehensive information retrieval systems, electronic and paper, facilitating the efficient and easy storage and retrieval of information, including maintaining an up-to-date record of regional, national and international contacts.
- Taking their part in the routine work of the office such as answering the phone, photocopying, filing, preparing and delivering refreshments to meetings, and so on.
- Undertaking any other similar duties as reasonably directed by the strategic implementation adviser.