Employer City of Lincoln Council
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
How would you like to be part of a bright future for Lincoln?
There has never been a more exciting time to work in the city. We are just about to open our state-of-the-art £30million Transport Hub, which forms part of an estimated half-a-billion pounds worth of investment that has seen the city’s skyline changing by the week.
The city council plays a major role in helping drive and deliver this growth and the communications team is central to this process.
Joining our team at City of Lincoln Council will provide you with an exciting and fulfilling opportunity where no two days are ever the same.
If you are a creative, dynamic communications professional who enjoys variety and a daily challenge, you will fit right in to our small but busy team.
You must be able to write, edit and proof copy and know what makes a good story. You should be confident using social media professionally and know how to create eye-catching designs.
You will be responsible for the council’s internal communications, required to liaise with local and regional media and maintaining and improving the council’s relations with staff, members, customers and other partners.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in communications, journalism or public relations
- Experience of successfully delivering communications campaigns
- A desire to learn new skills, particularly in the field of graphic design
- The ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- Knowledge of how Local Government operates