Employer Lincolnshire Co-op
Industry Events, Health, Retail
Contract Full Time
Job Type Maternity Cover
The Community Team are responsible for delivering our community engagement programme working across the business in the areas of health, the environment, education and community support.
The role of Community & Health Walks Co-ordinator will primarily involve supporting the existing county wide health walks network with volunteer support and training, holding countywide network events, liaising with key stakeholders, producing reports and managing budgets.
In addition the role will involve supporting the wider team with:
- Delivering community health checks and advice.
- Sessions in schools (primary & secondary) around issues like health and responsible retailing.
- Community volunteering activities.
- Presenting Community Engagement Strategy to groups of colleagues including Community Liaison Representatives, Health Champions and business managers.
- Events linked to our sponsor partners.
- Delivering events at local shows, annual members’ meetings, member events and the member’s half yearly seminar.
- Excellent communication, planning & organisation and presentation skills will be required as well as a flexible approach as many events and activities take place during evenings and weekends.
- Experience of working in a community development role or supporting volunteers would be an advantage.
- You will need to be self-motivated and have good I.T. skills and knowledge of online communication tools.
- A driving licence is essential and own transport would be an advantage, as the role will involve travelling throughout the county and beyond. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
If you’re talented, enthusiastic and hardworking and want to join our team, then we want to hear from you.