Employer Lincolnshire YMCA
Industry Charity, Management
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
YMCA Lincolnshire are looking to recruit and experienced Deputy Manager who has a proven record of rapport building and working within in large team. The successful candidate will be energetic, optimistic and compassionate.
Experience with HCA is preferable but not essential. We are looking for someone to assist the Housing Project Manager in the smooth running of the accommodation services, enabling people to belong, contribute and thrive. Uphold the Aims, Purposes and Ethos of Lincolnshire YMCA at all times.
To implement all relevant standards, policies and procedures as directed by the Housing Services Manager
- To deputise in the absence of the Housing Project Manager for the day to day operations of Lincolnshire YMCA Housing.
- Assisting with the provision of a comprehensive housing management and License sustainment service for residents in Lincolnshire YMCA service delivery thus enabling vulnerable people to sustain a License and achieve independent living.
- Contributing to ensuring that applicants are allocated housing according to need.
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of residents within the scheme.
- To take responsibility for the day to day resident rent accounts – AMIS
- To support the development of an organisational culture that puts our Christian Core Values – Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility – at the centre of all we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Housing Project Manager in the smooth running of the accommodation services, enabling people to belong, contribute and thrive. Uphold the Aims, Purposes and Ethos of Lincolnshire YMCA at all times.
- To assist in team leading shifts when on-duty, ensuring staff undertake their roles working within professional boundaries, relevant standards and meet relevant targets.
- To ensure the efficient collection of weekly charges and minimise voids on behalf of the clients within the targets set by HCA and Lincolnshire YMCA.
- To supervise/support Housing staff within YMCA projects and provide work based support to Student Placements to oversee their personal development and work towards being a practice assessor for students.
- To liaise with staff across the YMCA/Nomad projects, implementing a seamless transition for clients between YMCA/Nomad services with the aim of moving people from the YMCA/Nomad to further independent living.
- To ensure the Health, Safety and security of the building including the monitoring/implementation of the alarms, door entry and CCTV systems.
- To liaise with the Housing Project Manager regarding the effective management of the services and the clients residing in the accommodation and involve the Housing Services Manager as necessary.
- To ensure the accommodation offered is of an excellent standard and all Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities legislation is maintained across all accommodation based services.
- To be part of the ‘ON CALL’ rota in agreement with the Housing Project Manager or Housing Services Manager.
- To implement Lincolnshire YMCA’s policies and good practice in line with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- To Assist the Housing Project Manager in overseeing the acceptance, referral, interview and licensee process for the Association in accordance with the Association’s Policies ensuring all Clients are able to access the services of the YMCA and, when needed, appropriate specialist equipment is available for those who require it to enable clients to feel valued in a safe and secure environment.
- To ensure that a prompt inventory takes place at the beginning, during and the end of the licence agreement and weekly Health and Safety checks are undertaken of all accommodation based services
- To liaise with the Maintenance staff to ensure the efficient response and repair to all parts of the accommodation based services.
- Liaison with those in allied fields e.g. Housing Advice agencies, Citizens Advice Bureau, Churches, Department of Social Security, Social Services Department, Probation Service, other YMCAs, Local Authority Housing Departments, Careers Department.
- Work to further the Aims and Purposes of the YMCA.
- To carry out any other duties within the scope of the post as directed by Line Manager.
Scope and Limits of Authority
- The Deputy Housing Project Manager must maintain excellent working relationships, and communicate effectively with, other department heads, staff, volunteers and clients on a day to day basis.
- The post holder is required to report anything of significance relating to their work to the Housing Project Manager.
- The post holder will undertake ‘On Call’ as part of a rota system.
- Knowledge and experience of Housing Management.
- Knowledge of statutory agencies and benefit provision, with particular reference to DSS, DWP, Housing Benefit and Universal Credit.
- Housing related qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience of providing support and supervision to staff.
Skills and Abilities
- It is essential that the post holder has excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- To be computer literate with experience of Windows, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
- Experience of Housing rent accounting systems preferable.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to manage staff efficiently.
- Willing to advocate, encourage, motivate and enthuse staff to support clients to reach their full potential.
- Sympathetic to the Christian Aims and Purposes of the YMCA