Employer Lincolnshire County Council
Industry Communications, Digital Marketing, Local Government, Media
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £21,962 - £24,174
Making sure that Lincolnshire’s 700,000 residents are kept informed about our services is not an easy task. This is one of the challenges for Lincolnshire County Council’s communications team, who also keep over 4,000 members of staff up to date with key council information. We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team.
Ready for the next challenge? Talented communications specialist required.
Looking for the first career step in digital communications and passionate about video and social media? We are recruiting a digital communications support officer to help develop our video and image content for our websites, social media channels and other online platforms.
Reporting to the digital engagement lead, you will be expected to help deliver the strategic objectives of the council and provide access to vital information for our residents.
A thorough knowledge of best practice in video editing, photography, digital communications, corporate branding and user experience is just the starting point.
The successful candidate will require:
- Strong video production and editing skills
- A good understanding of photography
- Knowledge of social media management and monitoring
- Experience of digital communications channels and campaigns
- Understanding of digital trends and how they can be used to target different audiences
- Strong creative copywriting and proofing skills
- Understanding of best practice in maintaining brand identity
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage several projects at one time
- Ability to develop strong, influential relationships with key stakeholders
- Competent at Microsoft Office applications – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Good knowledge of HTML and content management systems would be an advantage
If you have the drive, passion and ambition to join us in the challenge to keep our diverse communities informed about council services, we want to hear from you.
For more information or an informal chat about the position please contact Barnaby Banks: [email protected] Tel: 01522 552770
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Here at Lincolnshire County Council, we want our workforce to reflect the make-up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.