Employer Laser Red
Location Cleethorpes, Grimsby, Lincoln
Industry Web Development
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
We need someone with special web development powers to join this super bunch of people!
We’re in need of a top class web developer who knows their front-end from their back-end… I’m talking about websites, get your mind out of the gutter!
What you’ll be doing
- Front-end web development using the latest HTML5 and CSS3 technologies (turning PSD visuals into working websites)
- Being able to command responsive CSS frameworks like a god
- Working with our designers to plan and craft pixel perfect websites
- Coding with popular platforms like WordPress and Magento
- Back-end development (PHP, MySQL etc)
- Working on some cool internal projects with the rest of the team
- Liaising with customers directly, through email, telephone and face to face meetings
Have you got the skills we’re looking for?
- Excellent HTML & CSS skills
- Good PHP and MySQL experience
- Experience with WordPress (plug-in development is a plus)
- Good communication skills
- Being able to step up and deliver great work under set deadlines
Other skills that we’d love
- A semantic activist and lover of clean code
- Version control (primarily Git)
- Pre-processor experience (SASS, LESS, etc)
- Knowledge of build tools (we love Gulp!)
- Familiarity with managing, tracking, analytics, and status tools
- Good Writer, Emailer, IMer and telephone voice
- Experience with server-side frameworks (E.G. Laravel)
We would prefer someone to work from our office in Grimsby, so you can be part of the day to day office life, but we would also consider remote workers or possibly a secondary office for the right candidate.
Remote working is only available to permanent residents of the United Kingdom, and you must be prepared to work from our office for the first few weeks.
We’re happy to provide on the job training to bring certain skills up to speed if you don’t have the experience we require, such as Linux Sys Admin managing hosting packages on the server. Just let us know, we won’t hold it against you!
We also like to keep everyones Halo skills up to scratch.
Perks of the job
- A competative salary and bonuses
- 20 days holiday a year & the usual bank holidays
- Annual conference/event/book allowance
- A fun office enviroment with plenty of retro gaming
- A desk, comfy chair and cool notepad
- Working with a talented group of people on some cool projects
- Lots of team outings, shindigs, events and more!
Talk to us! Salary is always dependant on your level of experience and skill.
We don’t employ people who are only in it for the money. Passion is key!
How to apply
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following…
- Information about you, your passions and background
- Your top 3 skills
- Why you want to work for with us
- An example or two of your work
- Your CV
- A covering letter
Please do not contact us or forward any potential candidate details. We do not use agencies to fulfil our job vacancies.