Industry Web Development
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary Up to £35,000 per annum dependent upon experience
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as an IT Solutions Developer.
The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The Solutions Developer will work alongside the solutions team, project managers and the customer to define requirements for new developments, system upgrades and workflow optimisation. The role will ensure that developments meet customer requirements and expectations.
The Solutions Developer will write and maintain code for new and existing systems that meet formerly agreed requirements. The role may be solely responsible for the development work or part of a team effort so effective communication skills between the customer and other team members are essential.
The Solution Developer will provide technical guidance and support to applications during the rollout/ implementation phase and use own initiative to identify any limitations or areas for improvement.
The Solutions Developer will be responsible for documenting requirements, specifications, solution designs, and fixes in a concise manor to aid knowledge transfer and corporate memory.
The role focuses the majority of its time (approx. 70%) around writing code and routines, 20% supporting recent implementations and 10% around business analysis and defining requirements.
It is essential for an individual in this post to create and maintain positive communications to ensure effective working relationships with individuals, teams and colleagues.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current practice in own area of expertise
- Uses knowledge and experience of MSSQL and Oracle to create tables, views, stored procedures within databases in conjunction with application development.
- Captures requirements, creates use cases, and prepares written functional specifications, technical designs for implementation.
- Analyses business and functional requirements along with existing or proposed system and make recommendations for improvement.
- Document solutions technical designs and implementation information.
- Assist the business to integrate systems as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Awareness of the market environment
- Driving change
- Delivering strategy
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and co-operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of development/ scripting languages and frameworks such as .NET, Java, asp, xml, xslt
- Develop software and work with Oracle and SQL databases
- Be able to write and understand database queries
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to produce good quality documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to create working prototypes at a variety of levels of fidelity, independently or as part of a team
- Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Business analysis knowledge
- Understand Prince2 and Agile project management methodologies
- Write SSIS packages
- Write stored procedures and functions for databases
- Awareness of SCRUM Framework
- Knowledge of Web Services (ASMX and WCF); JSON and JQuery
Please note that we welcome applications from graduates for this position.
Should you have any questions regarding this role, please feel free to contact the HR Resourcing Team on 01522 558235.