Employer Stonebow Media
Location Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Stonebow Media, the independent digital publishers of The Lincolnite, Lincolnshire Reporter and Lincolnshire Business, are hiring a local news reporter to join our team based in central Lincoln, covering the city and Greater Lincolnshire for the most read publications in our region.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of one year experience as a reporter in a daily news environment and/or working to daily news deadlines and good writing and multimedia skills. Candidates will also need a full UK driving licence and access to a car.
Key role responsibilities
- Deliver strong content in a multimedia format on a daily basis, focusing on text and images, but also providing audio and video as and when required.
- Write content in a way which engages and drives audience
- Deliver live coverage as and when required
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
- Be active on social media, in line with editorial policies, to build audiences and communities
The ideal candidate will have
- Good writing skills, up-to-date legal knowledge
- A journalism or joint university degree
- A minimum of one year experience as a reporter in a daily news environment and/or working to daily news deadlines
- Excellent communicator on social media
- Excellent at working under pressure and identifying priorities
- Self – starter
- Be familiar with digital tools and techniques across a range of mobile devices
- Strong local knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of delivering great ideas for content
- Strong contact-building skills
- Proficiency taking images, shooting video and gathering audio
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for transport purposes
This job description summarises the main aspect of the job, but it does not cover all the duties that the jobholder may be required to perform.
For an informal discussion about the role, you can call Managing Editor Daniel Ionescu on 01522 837 219.
To apply, please send us your CV and link to any of your published work (or portfolio) in the cover letter.