Employer Andrew & Co LLP
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
At Andrew & Co Solicitors, we are a forward looking, award winning, leading regional firm of solicitors with offices in Lincoln and Newark. We provide staff exceptional opportunities in an exciting and supportive working environment, our culture encourages our individuals to develop expertise in their own professional area.
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Solicitor within our Private Client Team based at our Lincoln office.
- Should be able to handle a broad range of private client work, with particular emphasis on elderly client aspects:
- Administration of estates – to include income and capital gains tax advice and returns
- Will preparation
- LPAs and their registration
- Court of Protection applications and advice
- General financial management for elderly/disabled clients eg under a Deputyship
- Planning for residential home fees – to include the use of trusts in wills and inter vivos.
Position will involve:
- visits out of the office to see clients at home and in hospital/nursing homes
- participation in seminars/presentations given by the team, and other business development opportunities as appropriate
- management of secretarial support
- taking responsibility for lower and middle ranking work with responsibility to Private Client Partners but with minimal supervision
- Good academic record with sound technical knowledge and skills, to include the basics of trusts and taxation.
- Eye for detail/accuracy.
- ‘Can do’ approach, proactive in identifying and addressing client issues
- Broad post qualification experience in areas noted below
- Approachable, tactful and diplomatic, both internally and externally, with good, well balanced interpersonal and communication skills. Can command respect.
- A team player with a balanced, well grounded approach who is flexible and supportive in working with more junior staff.