Employer Lincolnshire County Council
Industry Local Government
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £19,430 - £21,962
The Enterprise Team wish to recruit a permanent full-time project officer to support the funding, commissioning, and delivery of the Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub.
If you are organised, tenacious and able deliver a quality service, through establishing relationships and overseeing budgets and contracts with 3rd parties, whilst delivering the expectations of external funders, then we would welcome an application from you.
About the Enterprise Team
The Enterprise Team within Enterprise and Regeneration delivers a range of business support services, addressing the needs of Lincolnshire’s businesses by engaging with partners and commissioning activities that aim to deliver economic growth and jobs.
We deliver our support by working with and influencing a wide range of partner organisations including other LCC teams, district councils, HE/ FE providers and the private sector, via our website www.businesslincolnshire.com and through contracts that we commission with 3rd party suppliers who specialise in business support activities.
About the Role
You will need to be organised, tenacious and able to work as part of a team. You will possess excellent inter-personal skills, have exceptional attention to detail, able to manage and collate audit evidence, and be a confident and effective communicator and be fully computer literate.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the delivery of outcomes for commissioning strategies in line with the Commissioning for Lincolnshire approach.
- The implementation of new commissioned services and any redesign of existing services, performance review frameworks and joint review processes
- The enacting of new ways of thinking and working
- The maintenance of strong, positive working relationships across service areas, with providers and partners
- To act as a member of the Enterprise Programmes team, providing support to all aspects of the team (learning, investment, and enterprise)
- To coordinate the financial processes for the team, for example, raising purchase orders, budget reporting and compiling financial claims.
- To provide a professional point of contact to private businesses, and other stakeholders.
- To collate and prepare information to help the team to take decisions, producing good quality reports that are clear and well presented.
- To monitor the progress of contracts, providing information and taking action as appropriate.
- To produce quarterly Funding Claims including full evidence “packs” that meet audit requirements for finances and outputs
- To assist with the delivery of a consistent strategic commissioning approach across the Council.
- Co ordinate operational processes eg finance, purchase order requests, budget reports, project claims, data cleansing.
- To implement efficiency savings across the strategic commissioning areas.
The post is based at Unit 4, Witham Park House, Waterside South, Lincoln, LN5 1DA.
To apply you will have:
- Knowledge of commissioning processes including public sector procurement rules
- Experience of budget and financial management systems, controls and processes
- Excellent financial literacy
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a range of personnel within the public and private sectors.
- Excellent communications skills using a wide range of different media including the ability to be tactful, diplomatic, and sensitive.
- Excellent administrative/literacy skills, with excellent IT Skills, e.g.,excel, word, powerpoint
- An attention to detail, proactive approach and able to use your initiative
- Good relationship management skills to manage client/contract relationships
- Ability to think creatively in order to help shape and implement processes
- Good project management skills and a strong knowledge and application of some aspects of funding policies.