Employer The Energy Cell
Industry E-commerce, Web Development
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary from £32,000 + Bonuses
We are seeking a Senior PHP Developer to join our award winning team, working on eCommerce and content oriented websites across a variety of high profile national and regional campaigns. You will lead technical projects working with our team of developers, project managers, UX designer professionals – consulting directly with customers to help them shape technical solutions and further their business goals – using the latest web technologies and tools in our rapidly changing marketplace.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is driven, works well independently and or on a team who is also comfortable with varying job responsibilities. The successful candidate will be exposed to a broad set of technologies. This is not a job for someone who wants to do the same thing every day but thrives on elegant and progressive improvements. We expect a well organised individual who can bring hard work and dedication, we’re looking for a flexible team player wishing to secure a long-term role in an established and well respected agency.
With expertise in Magento the role will involve working with our teams to provide our clients with high quality development services – working on new projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation through to deployment of completed projects. In addition, you will be involved maintaining and enhancing existing ecommerce websites while adhering to best practices.
The role will involve:
- Interpreting customer and /internal requirements to fully and accurately establishing functional specifications and documentation.
- Become fully engaged with our growing team, communicate the deliverables and brainstorm ideas.
- Effectively developing site solutions to accomplish expected functionality that satisfies the business goals and the users’ needs.
- Developing technical strategies for multiple, concurrent client projects.
- Interact with clients on a regular basis regarding progress, challenges, timelines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with and manage in-house designers and developers.
- Lead development in creating cutting edge eCommerce and mobile sites
- Establish, enforce, and implement flexible but future-facing standards in our client deployments.
- Work alongside leadership team to determine future strategy and implementation of new tools and innovations.
- Requirements & Qualifications
Having great business awareness and a commercial approach to what you do will be essential – plus first class attention to detail. Collaboration, responsiveness, innovativeness, adaptability and versatility are essential attributes that we look for in new team members.
We’re open to reviewing candidates with different levels of experience; minimally, we’d like to see three years of professional experience.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Considerable eCommerce development experience with significant PHP experience with Magento, including experience building object-oriented websites in PHP
- Knowledge of Magento development best practices, including extending existing functionality and creating custom modules
- Experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the Magento platform
- Experience with large-scale websites including load balancing and caching systems (Varnish, Redis, memcached).
- Version control experience (GIT)
- Some experience implementing order fulfilment and/or supply chain APIs or customising same to automate order fulfillment processes for an ecommerce website (custom interface with 3rd party APIs)
- Optimisation of platform speed/performance and CDN implementation
- Experience with Apache, Linux, and MySQL
- The ability to write your own SQL queries manually, and read and understand queries written by others
- Understanding of common web analytics suites and experience implementing these systems
- Familiar with SEO / SEM best practices
- Up to date knowledge of the latest web trends, i.e. social media implementations
- It will be advantageous if you have experience with Expression Engine, but not essential
To join our team you’ll need to be bright and naturally inquisitive, enthusiastic and helpful, professional, self-motivated, well organised; able to manage own workload, build relationships and multi-task.
The company offers a strong benefits package with performance related bonuses, modern offices in city centre location, regular pay reviews and a rapid career development culture.
Please send us a covering letter along with your CV including links to current examples of your work or projects you have delivered as part of a team.