Employer PP Motor Group
Industry Repairs, Vehicle body repairer
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £22,000 plus bonuses
Established over 10 years ago and continually growing and improving on its excellent reputation, PP Motor Group is currently in its 4th stage of expansion and are now searching for individuals to join our team.
We are looking for a vehicle body technician to work from our newly expanded and refurbished premises off Newark Road. As with all members of our team, you must possess these 5 qualities –
- Trust and respect
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Right first time attitude
- Exceed customer expectations
As a vehicle body technician for the PP Motor Group your main duties will to be –
- Responsible for repairing vehicles as per job sheets and ensuring quality control across all repairs
- Responsible for mig and spot welding, rectifying panel damage utilising several techniques, preparation and application of cold filler, removal and refitting of panels both bolted and welded.
Your key tasks and objectives will be –
- Carry out work completely and effectively within allocated repair times or in the case of opinion times, those set by foremen/supervisory staff.
- Ensure that repairs are undertaken as to manufacturers specifications
- Advise and report on further damage/ faults and potential servicing requirements noticed while working on vehicles
- Note and record on job cards all parts, components, lubricants and consumables used.
- Protect customers’ vehicles with covers and dust sheets and use wipes and other consumables to keep customers’ vehicles clean.
- Maintain the security of customers’ vehicles whilst in our custody, including personal effects and contents by locking cars when they are left unattended.
- Ensure that all vehicles are thoroughly examined and report on the condition, serviceability and safety of vehicles.
- Explain to customers as and when required, the technical nature of repairs undertaken.
- Drive customers’ vehicles in a safe and considerate manner at all times.
Control of costs:
- Ensure that all time spent on jobs and materials used are accurately recorded on job cards.
- Work carefully to avoid accidental damage to vehicles and components during work activities.
- Seek to minimise wastage of all materials, fillers, fluids by careful use and encouraging the careful use by others.
- Care for all plant and tools belonging to the business as not to misuse
- Ensure that all work undertaken complies with both Paint Perfect and industry safety standards.
- Seek to minimise non-revenue and other diversionary time by using an organised and disciplined approach to job tasks and objectives. Accurately record and report on all such lost time in an objective manner to assist the Service Manager seek ways to reduce and overcome, diversionary and lost time problems.
Our base requirements for this role are –
- A City & Guilds qualification or other equivalent qualifications
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving
- A care for and attention to detail
- Full driving license
Working week: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. (40 hours a week – additional overtime hours on occasion)
Salary: £22,000 with enrolment onto bonus scheme on completion of trial period.
If you are looking for and are ready for a new challenge with long term rewards please contact us for a informal chat.
Call 01522 568247 or email via the application button below.