Employer Laser Red
Location Cleethorpes, Grimsby, Lincoln
Industry Web Development
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
We need someone with special web development powers to join this super bunch of people!
We’re in need of a top class PHP/JS developer who knows the difference between an Integer and a Float.
What you’ll be doing
- Working in collaboration with our front-end developers, you’ll be creating the back-end functionality for the sites and systems they are working on.
- Back-end PHP/JS development
- Working with and creating your own APIs
- Working on some cool internal projects with the rest of the team
- Liaising with customers directly, through email, telephone and face to face meetings
Have you got the skills we’re looking for?
- Good SQL and NoSQL experience
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Being able to step up and deliver great work under set deadlines
Other skills that we’d love
- A semantic activist and lover of clean code
- Version control (primarily Git)
- Knowledge of build tools (we love Gulp!)
- Familiarity with managing, tracking, analytics, and status tools
- Good Writer, Emailer, IMer and telephone voice
- Experience with server-side frameworks or systems (E.G. Laravel, Magento, etc..)
We would prefer someone to work from our office in Grimsby, so you can be part of the day to day office life, but we would also consider remote workers or possibly a secondary office for the right candidate.
Remote working is only available to permanent residents of the United Kingdom, and you must be prepared to work from our office for the first few weeks.
We’re happy to provide on the job training to bring certain skills up to speed if you don’t have the experience we require, e.g. your amazing at NodeJS but your PHP is a bit rusty. Just let us know, we won’t hold it against you!
We also like to keep everyones Halo skills up to scratch.
Perks of the job
- A competative salary and bonuses
- 20 days holiday a year & the usual bank holidays
- Annual conference/event/book allowance
- A fun office enviroment with plenty of retro gaming
- A desk, comfy chair and cool notepad
- Working with a talented group of people on some cool projects
- Lots of team outings, shindigs, events and more!
Talk to us! Salary is always dependant on your level of experience and skill.
We don’t employ people who are only in it for the money. Passion is key!
How to apply
Please send your applications to email@example.com and include the following…
- Information about you, your passions and background
- Your top 3 skills
- Why you want to work for with us
- An example or two of your work
- Your CV
- A covering letter
Please do not contact us or forward any potential candidate details. We do not use agencies to fulfil our job vacancies.