Shops across Lincoln will see festive customers doing a special kind of window shopping for a bumper competition with daily winners.
Shopkeepers from St Marks to the Bailgate area will be forming part of the Lincoln BIG’s Advent Calendar Trail 2013, and they hope gain new customers from the attraction.
Shoppers are being urged to look out for Lincoln BIG’s eye-catching bright red Advent Calendar boxes in December.
Each box will be filled with goodies and put on show by participating traders, in order, from December 1 to 24.
For example, if you spot a shop displaying the December 10 box, you can only enter that one draw that day.
To be in with a chance of winning a daily prize worth £50, shoppers need to visit individual businesses or attractions on the day their box is opened, write their name and contact details on an entry form, then put it into the store’s posting box,
As well as a wealth of daily prizes, one Lincoln shopper will also win a bonus of £100 when their name is randomly drawn from all the entries received by the end of the promotion.
Lincoln BIG Events and Promotions Manager Michael Armstrong said: “This year’s trail has attracted a real mix of large stores, niche retailers and leisure businesses, many of which have not taken part before.
“What’s really good about this initiative is that it keeps the festive vibe going throughout December, as businesses unveil the content of their boxes on a daily basis, and so many people have a chance of getting lucky.
“Shoppers don’t even have to come into the city every day to take part, but we really hope they will because there is going to be so much to enjoy this year, from the Lincoln BIG Ice Rink to Thursday Late Night Shopping.”
The shops and attractions taking part in the 2013 trail are:
- Dec 1 – Lincoln BIG Ice Rink – City Square
- Dec 2 – Charlotte House Hotel – Union Road
- Dec 3 – Miko Hair & Beauty – High Street
- Dec 4 – Boots, High Street – High Street
- Dec 5 – Boots, St Marks – St Marks
- Dec 6 – Hawkshead – High Street
- Dec 7 – Doubletree by Hilton – Brayford Wharf North
- Dec 8 – Toys R Us – St Marks
- Dec 9 – BHS – High Street
- Dec 10 – Costa – High Street
- Dec 11 – The Whisky Shop – Bailgate
- Dec 12 – BHS Home – St Marks
- Dec 13 – Visitor Information Centre – Castle Hill
- Dec 14 – The Drill Hall – Free School Lane
- Dec 15 – House of Fraser – High Street
- Dec 16 – The Lincoln Hotel – Eastgate
- Dec 17 – The White Hart Hotel – Bailgate
- Dec 18 – Stokes at The Collection – Danesgate
- Dec 19 – Yours – St Marks
- Dec 20 – Flowers by Suzanne – Bailgate
- Dec 21 – Debenhams – St Marks
- Dec 22 – Wig & Mitre – Steep Hill
- Dec 23 – GAP – St Marks
- Dec 24 – Ever After – St Martin’s Square