Fundraiser launched after beloved dogs perished in faulty dryer fire in Lincoln

This story is over

A local dog groomer is raising money to pay for a portrait of a North Hykeham couple’s beloved dogs, who were lost in a tragic fire on Saturday, April 16.

As previously reported, Shaun Williamson, 28, and his partner had two Japanese Akitas and one German Shepherd cross, Max, Mia and Riley, who died as a result of an electrical fault with their Indesit tumble dryer.

Charlotte Harrison, who is the owner of dog grooming parlour Room to Groom on Newport in Lincoln is raising money for the couple.

Max, Mia and Ryley were sadly lost in the fire.

Max, Mia and Ryley were sadly lost in the fire.

She said: “I read the story on The Lincolnite and I thought it was so sad. Looking at the pictures and on social media it was obvious the couple loved their pets.

“I can’t imagine what they’re going through.

“I work with dogs every day and I have two of my own. They are like children and a part of the family. Losing a pet is hard but to lose them this way is an absolute tragedy.

“I spoke to Amber Marie at Pet Portraits and she was willing to produce an A3 portrait of the dogs for them.

Charlotte owns the dog grooming

Charlotte is the owner of pet grooming parlour Room to Groom

“I need to raise around £100 pounds but if we can raise more they can use the funds however they wish.”

Shaun has said that any extra money raised will go towards cremation of the animals.

The dryer after the fire on Saturday.

The dryer after the fire on Saturday.

The company responsible for a number of faulty appliances which were recalled a few months ago, have been contacted by The Lincolnite, but have so far not responded.

If you would like to donate money towards the portrait of the dogs, you can visit the donation page here.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.