As Storm Doris travels across the county through Lincoln today, motorists are being advised to be cautious and only travel if they really have to.
A Met Office amber warning has been put out across Lincolnshire from 8am until 8pm this evening, with the risk of winds of up to 80mph.
Heavy rain is also expected through much of the county today, especially this afternoon.
- 10am – Eight degrees, heavy rain with gusts of 51mph
- 11am – Six degrees, heavy rain with gusts of 53mph
- 12pm – Five degrees, heavy rain with gusts of 52mph
- 1pm – Seven degrees, thick cloud with gusts of 46mph
- 2pm – Six degrees, heavy rain with gusts of 47mph
- 3pm – Five degrees, heavy rain with gusts of 50mph
- 4pm – Five degrees, heavy rain with gusts of 50mph
- 5pm – Five degrees, light rain with gusts of 45mph
- 6pm – Four degrees, light rain with gusts of 21mph
There are many ways you can keep safe during strong winds by being prepared. Tips include:
- Secure items outside your home that could be blown away, such as patio furniture, bins etc
- Place cars in garages or where they will be protected from flying debris, such as tiles or branches for example
- Remove items from around your home that may be blown into windows/patio doors
- Keep pets indoors. Shelter outdoor pets, or bring under cover in a protected location
- Check that nearby trees and/or tall structures are undamaged and in good repair and are not in danger of being blown over and damaging your home or placing people in danger
The Lincolnite will be keeping you up to date with Storm Doris as it passes through the county.