North Hykeham home severely damaged by fire

This story is over

A serious house fire which cause major damage at a North Hykeham home has been put down to carelessly discarded smoking materials.

Fire crews from Lincoln and North Hykeham attended the blaze at around 6.15pm on Wednesday, February 22.

Severe damage had been caused to a rubbish bin and its contents. Heat and smoke damage was also caused in the kitchen of the property, and smoke damage was noted in the rest of the home.

No injuries have been reported as a result of the blaze.

Overnight crews also dealt with a shed fire in Langworth at around 2.30am on Thursday, February 23. The blaze was caused by an electrical fault in an extension lead.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.