Armed police patrols will continue in Skegness and across major Lincolnshire towns over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Pairs of armed officers have been patrolling in Skegness and Lincoln since Tuesday, after the Manchester terrorist bombing.
An RAF parade through Stamford was also cancelled on police advice.
Lincolnshire Police Gold Commander, Chief Superintendent Shaun West said that for practical and precautionary reasons the resources planned for this weekend will continue.
This follows the reduction in the national threat level from ‘Critical’ to ‘Severe’ – which means that an attack still remains, ‘highly likely’.
“The public will continue to see the high levels of policing both armed and unarmed,” he said. “Once we get past the weekend we will be looking to step down the extra resources we have had in place since the threat level was increased to ‘Critical’ earlier in the week.
“Members of the public should continue to be alert and not alarmed and not hesitate to contact us if they have any information or suspicions. At this stage I want to say a big thank you for the enormous and continuing public support.”