Labour has retained the Great Grimsby constituency, albeit with a reduced majority.
Melanie Onn, who has been the town’s MP since 2015, defeated Conservative rival Jo Gideon by 2,565 votes.
Controversial UKIP candidate Mike Hookem, who described Grimsby as “poor” and “full of working class people”, finished in third place.
Liberal Democrat Steve Beasant was fourth, with Independent Christina McGilligan-Fell in last place.
The constituency, held by Labour since 1945, was one of the seats which was thought to have a strong chance of turning Conservative.
Below are the results in full:
- Melanie Onn (Labour): 17,545
- Jo Gideon (Conservative): 14,980
- Mike Hookem (UKIP): 1,648
- Steve Beasant (Liberal Democrat): 954
- Christina McGilligan-Fell (Independent): 394