One ward remains closed and restrictions are in place at Lincoln County Hospital due to an outbreak of the winter vomiting bug norovirus.
As reported previously, United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust (ULHT) Closed one ward to new admissions and restricted access to another area of the hospital to stop the spread of the virus.
Children under the age of five are being asked to stay away and other visitors to only attend the hospital ‘unless absolutely necessary’.
The trust said on Friday, October 27 that restrictions remained unchanged but that it was hoped areas would reopen again early next week.
Simon Evans Director of Operations at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT) said previously: “Lincoln County Hospital has had to restrict admission to some wards, because a number of patients have been experiencing symptoms of the vomiting bug norovirus.
“The restricted admission is just a precaution to prevent further spread of the virus.
“Visitors to Lincoln hospital are asked to only come if absolutely necessary and not to visit if they have had diarrhoea/and or sickness in the last three days. Children under 5 years should not visit.
“Those who are visiting should regularly wash their hands with soap and water, including when they enter and leave ward areas, to prevent further spread of the virus.”