Work is underway to refurbish parts of the Lincoln Grandstand on Carholme Road.
Around £20,000 is being spent on replacing defective timbers which form part of the stepped viewing area to the Grade II listed building.
Funding is also being used to carry out work to replace decayed timbers at the site.
Gelder Group is currently working at the Grandstand, which is now being used as a community centre following the closure of the Lincoln Racecourse in 1964.
The racecourse was established by the Lincoln Corporation on West Common in 1773 and the current Grandstand was built in 1897 for spectators of races.
The Grandstand is also described as a ‘monument to history’ in Lincoln.
A spokesperson for the City of Lincoln Council, who own the site, told The Lincolnite: “The building is Grade II listed and therefore legally needs to be maintained to a good standard by the owner (us).
“We are not creating any new facilities at the Grandstand.”