Resurfacing, manhole patching, adjustments and drainage repairs will begin on the Lincoln East West Link Road from Monday.
The £22 million road, which was opened in November 2016, will see two weeks of nighttime closures between 7pm and 6am, subject to weather conditions.
The improvements will take place across the link road’s route, including the High Street/Tentercroft Street junction; Tentercroft Street; Portland Street; and the Kesteven Street junction with Canwick Road.
Councillor Richard Davies, executive member for highways, said: “Since opening in late 2016, the East-West Link Road has made a real difference to how people get about in Lincoln. Not only does it provide an easier route across the city, but it’s also helped cut traffic congestion and journey times.
“These works are essential to ensuring that the road itself continues to operate properly, from both a drainage and a surfacing perspective, and continues to ease the pressures we see on the road network in and around Lincoln every day.
“Due to the nature of the works, there will inevitably be some temporary disruptions, however we’ll be doing everything we can to minimise this – for example, planning all of the works to take place overnight and arranging for any noisier works to be carried earlier in the evening each night.
“We will be concentrating on different areas each night, so ask for your continued patience while these works are carried out.”
The signed diversion routes throughout the works are:
High Street /Tentercroft Street closure
- Eastbound traffic to travel via Tritton Road, Dixon Street, High Street, South Park and Canwick Road, and vice versa for westbound.
- Northbound traffic on High Street via Dixon Street and Tritton Road instead of St Marks Street.
Portland Street closure
- Northbound traffic on Canwick Road wishing to turn left onto Portland Street to use A15 Melville Street northbound, Saltergate, Bank Street, Silver Street, A15 Melville Street Southbound and Kesteven Street.
- Eastbound traffic on Tentercroft Street wishing to turn right on to Portland Street to use Kesteven Street, A15 Canwick Road, South Park, loop back at South Park roundabout and onto A15 Canwick Road.
Kesteven Street closure
- Southbound traffic on A15 Canwick Road wishing to turn left on to Kesteven Street to use South Park, loop round at South Park roundabout, back onto A15 Canwick Road and Portland Street.
- Traffic wanting to access A15 Canwick Road from Kesteven Street to use Portland Street, A15 Melville Street, Saltergate, Bank Street, Silver Street and A15 Melville Street southbound.