The £99 million Lincoln Eastern Bypass is moving into a new phase of construction, and there are a number of road restrictions down the line for drivers to look out for.
Work will continue on temporary bridges which will provide an essential link to contractors over the areas known as the North and South Delphs. Construction will also continue on north and south abutment walls for the Market Rasen rail line bridge.
Works completed in March include main ducting works for Western Power Distribution and archaeological investigations in the Washingborough Road area.
Current traffic restrictions and closures:
- Temporary 30mph speed limit on Washingborough Road and Greetwell Road
- Temporary 200m path diversion on the Sustrans route along the River Witham
- Closure of the Public Right of Way near Hawthorne Chase for Anglian Water sewer pipe diversions; however, the play park at Hawthorn Chase will remain open
Upcoming traffic restrictions and closures:
- Washingborough Road from Monday, May 21 to Friday, May 25
- Greetwell Road from – Monday, June 4 to Friday, June 8
- Heighington Road from – Monday, June 11 to Friday, June 15
- Lincoln Road from 6:30pm on Saturday, June 23 to 6am on Monday, June 25
- Hawthorn Road from Monday, June 25 to Friday, June 29
- Temporary two-way signals on Lincoln Road from Monday, June 18 to Friday, June 22, 9.30am to 3.30pm