A new creative social media project run by The Lincolnite is bringing photographers together to tell the story of the city in pictures.
The news platform’s @lovelincolnite Instagram account has been taken over by city snappers, who have spent the last week wowing followers with breathtaking shots of sparkling, rain soaked cobbles, Lancaster flights, cathedral spires and sunsets.
Four founding photographers have now been joined by 12 more. The team are:
- Steve Smailes – @ssmailesphoto
- Sean Strange – @seanstrangephotography
- Marc Freeman – @marcfphotography
- Kyle Wood – @xk.visuals
- Jason Corrigan – @jaycorrigan71
- Peter Machir-Grant – @petermgphotography
- Simon Robson – @simonrobsonphotography
- Ed Mayes – @eljmayes
- Shane Smith – @shanekarlsmith
- Liam Mason – @liam_j_mason
- Adrian Fox – @adrianjamesfox
- Nikki Goldblatt – @nikkigimages
- Georgia Milner – @georgiaa_milner
- Matty Tullos – @mattytullos
- Kathryn Murphy – @kmurphster
- Sarah Murphy – @surphys_photos
Pictures of the week
Residents and visitors to the city have been enjoying the unique and personal touch the @lovelincolnite posts. Naturally, five pictures in particular taken by our specially selected curators came out on top for likes.
1. Steep Hill aglow
2. Let’s go to the Ritz
Don’t let the dull weather discourage you from the festivities. Rain only makes this city even more beautiful. • The Ritz first opened in 1937 and suffered some minor damage during the 1940s from German bombs but survived and is still standing as a bright symbol of Lincoln’s history. • Photo taken by SHANE @ShaneKarlSmith
3. Rise and shine
4. Incoming Lanc
5. Calm before the storm
We’re continuing to welcome Lincoln-based photographers to apply for a guest curator role by emailing a link to their instagram account or online portfolio to [email protected].