Latest on probe into bloody attack in Boultham Park

Three men have been released on bail after a bloody fight in Boultham Park which left a man in his 50s injured.

Police were called just before 7.30pm during the evening of Thursday, July 4 after receiving reports of an altercation between a number of people.

People at the scene reported someone had been stabbed, but police are still yet to confirm this. The victim’s injuries are not believed to be serious.

Police confirmed on Monday that two men in their 20s and a man in his 40s have since been released on bail. A man and two women, all in their 30s, have been released with no further action.

A forensics team attended the scene. Photo: The Lincolnite

The force said last week that investigating officers were pursuing a number of lines of enquiry, including if any weapons were used during the incident. At the time of writing there was no update available about this.

The cordon remained in place for several hours. Photo: The Lincolnite

Meanwhile, two men have been named and charged by police after another fight broke out in the Boultham Park area on Friday.

Paul Antony McMahon, 38, and William Nicholas Cooke, 31, both from Lincoln, were charged with threatening and abusive behaviour with intent to cause fear in relation to the incident on St Peters Avenue.

A 46-year-old man was also released with no further action. At the time police said they were not connecting this to the incident on Thursday.