Heavy rain could be heading back to Lincolnshire after the Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms for Thursday.
The warning will be in place from 1pm to 9pm on Thursday, July 11. Heavy showers and thunderstorms may cause some travel disruption and flooding in places during the afternoon and evening.
However, temperatures could still reach as high as 21 degrees celsius on Thursday.
The Met Office updated the warning on Thursday morning stating thunderstorms are likely to develop over parts of the Midlands and East Anglia with some disruption to power and transport possible.
The Met Office has warned people to expect the following:
- There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus
- Delays to train services are possible
- Some short term loss of power and other services is likely
- Probably some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes
- Some flooding of a few homes and businesses likely, leading to some damage to buildings or structures
On Friday, July 12 Lincoln is forecast to be cloudy. There will be some light showers, but there could also be some sunny intervals.