With the festive season looming, Stagecoach East Midlands has announced an special £1 flat fare for late night Christmas shoppers in Lincoln.
Shops in Lincoln will be keeping doors open later from November 22. Participating shops will be open throughout the city until 8pm.
Bus passengers will be able to take advantage of Stagecoach East Midlands’ exclusive £1 fare (£1 single each way).
It will be available on any of its Lincoln Town services that run after 6pm on the following dates:
- Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29 (Lincoln Reindeer Parade and Black Friday shopping)
- Friday, December 6 (Lincoln Christmas Market)
- Friday, December 13
- Wednesday, December 18
- Thursday, December 19
- Friday, December 20
The special £1 bus fare will also be valid on other late night services, for passengers travelling to Birchwood, Doddington Park and North Hykeham.
Late night services
- Service 7 & 8 buses will run from Stand D in Lincoln Bus Station to the Cathedral and Ermine Estates at 6pm, 6.10pm, 6.20pm, 7pm, then every 30 minutes until 11.30pm. Buses at 11pm and 11.30pm will depart from Stand O
- Service 7 & 8 buses will run from Broxholme Gardens in to the city centre at 6pm, 6.10pm, 6.20pm, 6.30pm, 6.40pm, 7.20pm, then every 30 minutes until 11.50pm
- Service 7 & 8 buses will run from the Cathedral in to the city centre at 6.01pm, 6.11pm, 6.21pm, 6.31pm, 6.41pm, 6.51pm, 7.31pm, then every 30 minutes until midnight
The late night services will enable passengers from Ermine Estates to travel to and from the city centre or the Bailgate. It will also help people travelling between the city centre and the Bailgate.
Matt Cranwell, Managing Director of Stagecoach East Midlands, said: “We hope to encourage more people to take the bus into town to do their Christmas shopping, which will also help the environment by reducing congestion.”