One thing Christmas leaves you with is an abundance of waste. Lincolnshire Reporter has compiled a handy guide of the changes to the festive bin collection dates.
— Lincs County Council (@LincolnshireCC) December 14, 2019
All councils have guidance on Christmas Tree disposal.
Alternatively, local charity St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospital runs a Christmas tree recycling service up and down the county – click here to find out more.
City of Lincoln Council
City of Lincoln Council has confirmed the following changes to the waste and refuse Christmas collection date changes.
- Wednesday, December 25 changes to Saturday, December 21
- Thursday, December 26 changes to Saturday, December 28
Waste collection must be presented by 7am on the day of collection.
Any additional recycling that does not fit in your recycling bin can be presented as side waste in a clear plastic bag. Side waste cannot be taken with your black bin.
North Kesteven District Council
Residents are advised to put their bins out by 7.30am on collection days as collection times may vary.
Normal collections will resume on Monday, January 6, 2020.
Real Christmas trees can be chopped up and placed in a brown bin for garden waste collection if you have one. Otherwise, it is advised to take them to the nearest household waste recycling centre in Sleaford or Lincoln.
Garden waste collections reduced to monthly during the November and December – click here to check the council’s calendar.
West Lindsey District Council
Residents who live in Gainsborough and are on a sack service will have both their refuse and recycling sacks collected on Friday, December 27.
Normal collections will resume from Monday, January 6, 2020.
Real Christmas trees can be taken to local household waste recycling centres – click here for more information. The trees can also be cut up and placed in the garden waste bin ready for the first collection when the service resumes in the week commencing March 23, 2020.
East Lindsey District Council
Some properties may have different collection days over the Christmas and New Year period using the council’s Waste Collection Post Code finder.
Garden green waste collections are suspended over the two week Christmas and New Year period.
Residents who subscribe to the council’s Green Waste Service can put their Christmas tree out for collection. Trees should be left at the side of the green bin on the first green waste collection day after Christmas. The council will collect one real tree per household, up to six foot in height and 10cm trunk diameter.
South Kesteven District Council
Boston Borough Council
Bins must be put out the night before by 5.30am on the day of collection.
South Holland District Council
- If your refuse/recycling collection would have been on Wednesday, December 25, leave it out for collection on Saturday, December 28
- If your refuse/recycling collection would have been on Thursday, December 26, leave it out for collection on Thursday, January 2
- If your refuse/recycling collection would have been on Wednesday, January 1, leave it out for collection on Wednesday, January 8
Garden waste – there will be no collections from Monday, December 23 to Friday, January 17 (inclusive). Collections will restart on Monday, January 20.
All other collections will be as normal.
North East Lincolnshire
North East Lincolnshire Council hires extra staff to cope with the demand, but bad weather and other problems can disrupt the rounds.
If they don’t get to you on the above dates, please put your bins or boxes out before 7am the next collection day.
Click here regarding any bulky waste items that need disposed of, but there are no collections from December 20 to January 6.
Paid-for garden waste collections stop over the winter months and start again in February.
Community Recycling Centres are open every day (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day) from 8am to 6pm and from 8am to 4pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. If there are long queues at the Grimsby Community Recycling Centre, try the site in Immingham.
North Lincolnshire Council
- If your usual bin day is Tuesday, the collections over Christmas will be on Monday, December 23 and Monday, December 30
- If your usual bin day is Wednesday, the collections over Christmas will be on Tuesday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 31
- If your usual bin day is Thursday, the collections over Christmas will be on Friday, December 27, and Thursday, January 2 (as normal)
- If your usual bin day is Friday, the collections over Christmas will be on Saturday, December 28 and Friday, January 3 (as normal)
Collection days return to normal from Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Brown bin (garden waste) collections will be suspended between December 17 and January 10.