A teenager has been arrested as police continue their attempted murder investigation into the shooting of a man in the Spalding area.
A 24-year-old man was found by a driver with what has been confirmed as a gunshot wound at around 9.20pm on Friday, February 28. The motorist took him to hospital, where he was said to be in a serious condition.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit GBH after police raided an address on Juniper Crescent in Spalding on Tuesday, March 3.
This brings the total number of arrests made in connection with this investigation to nine. A 40-year-old woman and two men, aged 22 and 26, have been released on bail.
The remaining six are still in police custody and continue to be questioned at the time of publication.
- A 50-year-old from the Boston area was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, committing an act/series of acts with intent to prevent the course of justice, conspiracy to cause GBH and threats to kill
- A 23-year-old man from the Boston area was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to cause GBH
- A 25-year-old man from the Huntingdon area was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- A 20-year-old from the Spalding area was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and possession of a class B drug
- A 30-year-old man from the Peterborough area was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit GBH
- An 18-year-old male from the Spalding area was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit GBH
Investigations are ongoing into the incident. Police initially indicated the man had been shot in Boston, but the force later said they believe it happened in the Spalding area.
Lincolnshire Police are urging anyone with information to contact them on 101, quoting incident 436 of February 28.