No Lincolnshire COVID-19 deaths for the first time in three weeks

No coronavirus deaths have been recorded at Lincolnshire’s hospitals for the first time in three weeks.

It’s the first 24 hour period that no deaths have been announced since April 6. Since then figures had seen a gradual increase day-by-day.

NHS England confirmed no fatalities had been recorded at hospitals run by United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust, which have so far seen 94 deaths.

However, one fatality was announced at Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust hospitals taking the death toll in the region to 61.

Lincoln County Hospital. Photo: Steve Smailes for The Lincolnite

So far, a total of 155 patients who tested positive for coronavirus have died across Greater Lincolnshire.

  • Lincolnshire – 94
  • Northern Lincolnshire 61

In Lincolnshire, the youngest victim of coronavirus in the county was aged 49 and the oldest was a woman aged 99.

The vast majority of those who have died have been over the age of 70 and ULHT said all patients so far have had underlying health conditions.

Public health bosses in the county said they expect the death rate to continue but at a lower rate.

Last week, Andrew Morgan, chief executive at ULHT said that the death rate in the county was “markedly lower” than the rest of the country.

Meanwhile, NHS England confirmed that a further 329 people, who tested positive for the Coronavirus have died across the country.

Patients were aged between 29 and 100 years old, 22 of them had no known underlying health conditions.

Follow the latest coronavirus lockdown updates here

Lincolnshire remembers loved ones lost to coronavirus

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.