July 9, 2020 12.48 pm This story is over 47 months old

Drunk teen wanted to stab party guests and attacked police

18-year-old launched at police with a flying kick

A teenager caused terror at an 18th birthday party when he began foaming at the mouth and threatening to stab guests, Lincoln Crown Court was told.

Jake Wilson’s behaviour at the event was so frightening that women attending the party shut themselves in a room and called police.

Then when officers arrived at the stable block at Revesby Abbey near Horncastle, Wilson launched at them with a flying kick leaving both police injured.

Noel Philo, prosecuting, said that Wilson was intending to stay the night at the venue as were a number of the female guests including the host and her mother.

Mr Philo said “During the course of the evening and into the early hours of the following morning he became more and more drunk.

“Eventually he was very sick. He managed to get to the bathroom but later he was sick again as he was lying down.

“He became extremely aggressive and was excluded from the room where the others were. He tried to force his way into the room.

“He was threatening he was going to get a knife and he was going to kill them. He was going completely berserk.

“The mother of the girl who was celebrating her birthday said it was as if it was a horror film. He was saying he was going to murder them all.

“He was foaming at the mouth with his face contorted and his eyes bulging wide open.”

When police arrived Wilson stood at the top of the stairs and launched a flying kick striking both officers with significant force.

The two officers suffered whiplash injuries and trauma which resulted in them being off work.

Mr Philo said “It was very lucky there were no fractures. If the officers had not been so well protected by their clothing almost certainly there would have been a broken neck or a fractured skull.”

Wilson, 19, of Moreland Avenue, Sutton on Sea, admitted affray and two charges of assaulting an emergency worker as a result of the incident on the night of April 6/7 2019.

Neil Sands, in mitigation, said that Wilson had no previous convictions and the incident was entirely due to the amount he had to drink.

“He had consumed copious amounts of alcohol. Clearly it was more than anything he had drunk before. He has no memory of it.

“He has no mental health issues. He hadn’t taken any drugs. He was not on medication.

“Since that time he has not displayed any kind of inappropriate behaviour at any level. Since that date he had not consumed alcohol at all. This clearly comes down to alcohol.”

Wilson was given 12 months youth custody suspended for two years with 100 hours of unpaid work. He was also given a four month night-time curfew and ordered to pay £150 compensation to each of the police officers he injured.

Judge John Pini QC told him “You have avoided immediate custody by the skin of your teeth.

“You drank yourself into oblivion. You behaved shockingly. Quite plainly you were out of control.”