Eleven night time road closures have been scheduled at the A46 Riseholme roundabout as improvement works near completion.
Surfacing works, as well as new white lines being painted and signage being installed are all underway and will result in overnight closures of the road, running from 7pm to 6am.
The roundabout will be fully operational by the end of October, weather permitting, and temporary traffic lights will be in place for some of the closures to ensure safety of the workforce.
Only two individual arms will be closed at any one time as part of the works to prevent traffic disruption in the area.
The dates and locations of these closures are as follows:
- 5 October – western arm (between Riseholme and Carholme Roundabouts)
- 6 October – northern arm (towards/leaving the A15)
- 7 October – western arm
- 8 October – western arm
- 9 October – western arm
- 12 October – western and eastern arms (between Carholme and Nettleham Roundabouts)
- 13 October – eastern arm (between Riseholme and Nettleham Roundabouts)
- 14 October – northern arm
- 15 October – southern arm (towards/leaving Riseholme Road)
- 16 October – western and eastern arms
- 19 October – northern and southern arms (towards/leaving the A15 and Riseholme Road)
The diversion routes for each closure at A46 Riseholme Roundabout are:
- Western arm (between Riseholme and Carholme Roundabouts) – via Riseholme Road / B1273 / The Avenue / Saxilby Road, and vice versa.
- Northern arm closure (towards/leaving the A15) – via A46 to Middle Rasen /A631 /A15 and vice versa.
- Combination western and eastern arm closure (between Carholme and Nettleham Roundabouts) for those wanting to remain on the A46 – via A57 Saxilby Road / The Avenue / B1273 / B1182 Nettleham Road, and vice versa.
- Eastern arm closure (between Riseholme and Nettleham Roundabouts) – via B1226 Riseholme Road / B1273 / B1182 Nettleham Road, and vice versa.
- Southern arm closure (towards/leaving Riseholme Road) – via A46 / A57 Saxilby Road / The Avenue / B1273 / Riseholme Road, and vice versa.
- Combination northern and southern arm closure (towards/leaving the A15 and Riseholme Road) – via B1273 Longdales Road/B1182 Nettlham Road/ A46 to Middle Rasen /A631 /A15. and vice versa.
Cllr Richard Davies, executive member for highways at Lincolnshire County Council, said: “Our works at Riseholme Roundabout are continuing forward at a strong and steady pace, and we’re now less than a month away from completing this very important improvement scheme.
“Once complete, people should start to notice fewer queues and quicker journey times when using the A46 around Lincoln thanks to the newly-built exit and approach lanes and more space on the roundabout itself.”