There have been 190 cases of coronavirus and one new death in Greater Lincolnshire on Wednesday.
The UK coronavirus dashboard showed cases of COVID-19 in Lincolnshire increased by 107, another 42 in North Lincolnshire, and 41 in North East Lincolnshire.
Overall this means 978 cases have been reported in Greater Lincolnshire in eight days in October, surpassing the 820 cases in September, a 400% increase on August numbers.
NHS figures also confirmed one death of a COVID-positive patient in United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust facilities today.
The government’s death tally, which includes those both in and out of hospitals and those of residents in hospitals outside the county, also showed two new deaths in its figures.
In other news today, health bosses in Lincolnshire said they were “nervous” about a steep rise in cases in Nottinghamshire.
At the time the county had the fourth highest infection rate, however, following the latest figures it has now risen to the top of the league with 689.1 cases per 100,000 people.
The neighbouring county is understood to be facing tougher lockdown restrictions when a new COVID-19 alert system is brought in next week.
Police and councils across Greater Lincolnshire have also been given a chunk of a national £60 million pot to help enforce stricter rules.
At least 30 coronavirus cases have been linked to an outbreak at a bacon and gammon slicing factory in Scunthorpe.
Nationally, cases increased by 17,540 to 561,815 while deaths increased by 77 to 42,592.
Coronavirus data for Greater Lincolnshire for Thursday, October 8
5,570 cases (up 190)
- 3,872 in Lincolnshire (up 107)
- 1,183 in North Lincolnshire (up 42)
- 515 in North East Lincolnshire (up 41)
406 deaths (up two)
- 280 from Lincolnshire (up one)
- 90 from North Lincolnshire (no change)
- 36 from North East Lincolnshire (no change)
of which 278 hospital deaths (up one)
- 150 at United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust (up one)
- 5 at Lincolnshire Community Health Service hospitals (no change)
- 1 at Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust (no change)
- 122 in Northern Lincolnshire (NLAG) (no change)
544,275 UK cases, 42,515 deaths